Verse Of The Day

Support Our Dear Friend And Brother Nelson Domingues

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Big Bang 2 to happen?

I'm sitting here in the hospital room reading and Everly is asleep now. I overheard some nurses talking about the big bang and some black holes, so I asked our particular nurse what the conversation was about. She began to say that scientist in Switzerland are attempting to experiment with recreating the big bang. So naturally this peaked my curiosity and began to share with her my passion for the study of the origin of life. She began to say her 16 year old son was similarly interested (though his world views are atheistic) Nevertheless, as our faithful God always does for me, a doorway was opened up for me to share my faith and some little known facts about the anthropic principle and/or the "fine tuning" of our planet. Long story short, she was surprised to hear about a convincing argument for God (who she believes exist and created all things) and I recommended she watch and then pass to her son the "Privileged Planet" dvd. She, very enthusiastically, began to copy the name of the dvd on her latex glove. I hope and pray that God plants a seed and directs her (and her son) to a saving knowledge of his grace.

Article:

Big Bang II to start in Switzerland today.

The world's biggest and most sophisticated science experiment begins in Switzerland later today when scientists attempt to test the Big Bang theory.

Engineers will attempt to circulate a beam of particles around the 27-kilometer-long underground tunnel that houses the Large Hadron Collider at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN).

The $10 billion machine is designed to smash particles together with cataclysmic force, recreating conditions in the Universe moments after the Big Bang.

Scientists have spent three decades building the tunnel and the project has been hit by cost overruns, equipment trouble and construction problems.

The experiment has triggered a number of wild theories, with speculation that it could create a black hole of intense gravity which could suck in Europe and perhaps the whole planet.

Others have claimed that it could allow beings from another universe to invade through a hole in the space-time continuum.

Scientists vehemently reject those claims.

1 comment:

Chris Engler said...

Joe - Can you please add the new Blogger Followers widget to your sidebar? I'd like to be added as one of your followers.

I've been praying a lot for Everly and your family. If you need anything, just ask. I know that we live far from you, but Jess and I would really like to help.