Verse Of The Day

Support Our Dear Friend And Brother Nelson Domingues

Monday, September 22, 2008

Are You Saved?

I remember several months ago a friend of mine sent me my first taste of a Paul Washer sermon. And I can't tell you how much it has convicted me and changed my life. Since then I have made Pastor Washer a part of my podcast collection. I have listened to over 20 sermons and read many articles from him. He speaks the truth of scripture no matter what the cost, which is usually only speaking once at a particular place because he doesn't get invited back. This is probably one of the most profound messages I will ever post. Not because Paul Washer is to be put on a pedestal but because his messages steer men back to Christ and he addresses all those who call themselves Christians but walk a different walk and talk a different talk. My absolute favorite message from him is "Examine Yourself" I have listened to this sermon about four times now and keep it on my pda at all times just as a reminder to ask myself "am I in line with Gods word?. It is my prayer that those of you who listen to these small tidbits of the sermon (who profess Christianity) will be convicted and changed if you are not walking in accordance with the truth. Some of you may even realize the possibility that you were not saved at all. Did you know the scripture teaches that everyone who says "Lord Lord?" will not be saved? (Matt 7:21-23) I speak to people at work all the time who profess Christianity but cannot define to me biblically what a Christian is. In addition they walk around cursing non stop and are looking at extremely questionable websites during the work shift. Yet the Lord says "Be Holy therefore, because I'm am Holy". They are Christians but can barely recall three or four of the ten commandments. I am not judging them but merely making an observation by their own admission.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

If these people will not be saved, what makes us think that just because we wear a Christian necklace or t-shirt that we will be saved? There is so much more I would love to say on this subject but will save it for another post. One of the main things I would like to address are people who profess Christianity but don't believe the bible is true because it was written by men, yet they don't question the college text book that earned them their degree which was also written by men. I assure you the bible is much more reliable than any other book or piece of literature ever written. This is only a mere excuse to avoid the word of God in their lives. But that is for another post. If anyone would like to download or listen to the full message "Examine Yourself" (which I highly recommend with all of my being) there is a link provided at the bottom which leads to Paul Washer's website "Heart Cry Missionary Society". I urge anyone who has the time to do so or an mp3 player or pda available to download and listen to all of his messages.






Remember what Paul said in the scriptures "Test yourself to see whether you are in the faith". One can easily test themselves by reading the book of 1st John and seeing if they "past the test" so to speak. As usual, comments are welcome.

- Heart Cry Missionary Society.com

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/resources/sermons/paul_washer

No comments: