Verse Of The Day

Support Our Dear Friend And Brother Nelson Domingues

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Church Of Oprah Winfrey

Some of you, if you follow any type of christian news radio, articles or podcast may have heard of what's going on in Oprah Winfrey land. There is a huge stir, especially from "true" believers and Christ followers in opposition of her teachings and those who influence her. In short, it seems there is an attempt to "reinvent" God and who He is. Normally I wouldn't be bothered or alarmed at such claims as this but I can't help but be concerned over it. We should be praying about this as most of us know Ohprah is a very powerful and influential person. It's no wonder the enemy would want to use her.

As Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer of the D.L. Moody Church in Chicago, Illinois states in his teaching against this blasphemous demonically inspired religion, Satan is using the same lie he used in the Garden "Ye shall be like God". The new world view teaches that you are god and that there is no need to "cling to that old rugged cross" This is a major contradiction in terms. It is the cross that sets us free! There you will find me sitting at the foot of it always remembering what Jesus did for me. He took my place, my punishment and my shame. All my sin was nailed to it! This is the gospel, the good news! Paul said "hate what is evil, cling to what is good"

All in all, these teachings alarm me greatly and I can't help but get a sense of the end times closing in on us. I'm reminded of scripture in 2 Timothy 4 where it says "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."



The Church Of Oprah






The Gospel According To Oprah’s Friends





Dr. Lutzer's Entire Message
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=lutzer+oprah&sitesearch=

3 comments:

Chris Engler said...

I don't get Oprah at all... just the other day when I was at the gym, I saw the Jonas Brothers (a Christian Band) on her show openly praising God about how good he has been to them.

How could Oprah be so double minded?

Joe Sirianni said...

You know what it is Chris? As she stated in her show on the topic, I believe she believes in God obviously growing up in a Baptist church it's just that she believes there are "millions" of ways to get to him. And I'm quoting her on the millions part.... This has demonic inspiration written all over it. One of those authors claims that a spirit guide told him to write all of it down. They played some of the audio clips that teach you that you are god, that you are the morning light etc..... It's extremely blasphemous

Chris Engler said...

Dude - Even if there was millions of ways to get to God (which the Bible clearly says there isn't), I'm placing my bet on Jesus. Hopefully, God opens peoples eyes and hearts so they don't believe this poop.